Our hand therapy services are provided by experienced and skilled Certified Hand Therapists (CHT). A CHT is an occupational or physical therapist that has advanced training in the evaluation and treatment of the upper extremity. The therapist is required to have at least 3 years of experience including 5000 hours of direct practice in hand therapy. They must also pass a comprehensive exam.
Our CHTs work one-on-one with patients using compassion, creativity and advanced therapy techniques in a comfortable environment to help patients achieve their goals and restore function. Individually designed therapy programs are carefully developed for patients with injuries and/or medical conditions related to the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand and digits.
Services may include the following:
- Evaluation (pre- and post-op)
- Splints (custom & prefabricated)
- Patient/Family Education
- Written Home Programs
- Wound Care
- Kinetic Taping
- Thermal and Electrical Modalities
- Strength & Endurance Training
- Injury Prevention Programs
- Scar and Pain Management
- Edema Control
- Manual Therapy Desensitization
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)