- Delaware is one of 26 states that allow direct patient access to PT with some provisions.
- Delaware law allows treatment from a PT with or without referral from a licensed medical or osteopathic physician.
- A PT can treat a patient for up to 30 days, after which the therapist must consult a physician.
- If the patient's condition requires care that falls outside of the PT scope of practice, then the PT must refer the patient to a qualified healthcare provider.
- A PT may not modify a patient's existing prescriptions.
Reference: Direct Access Laws by State (Alabama-Hawaii)